Senior Citizens Activities Network (SCAN) serves the 55+ community in Monmouth and Ocean Counties enriching their lives with programming to promote healthy lifestyles, continuing education, and access to community and economic resources to keep them active, healthy and connected.
Senior Citizens Activities Network (SCAN) will become the premier organization in Monmouth and Ocean Counties and beyond, focused on improving the quality of life for people age 55+.
We are living in a unique time in our nation’s history and how we respond may determine what this country will look like in the years to come. As an organization, we must be willing to speak to the essential humanity of all people and join our voices with the growing cries for justice, for peace, for reconciliation, at all levels of our society. We call all members of our community, including faith-based institutions, state and local government entities, our professional associations, our communities, our friends and neighbors to get uncomfortable, to get involved. Diversity and inclusivity are a must for our community to evolve into an equitable and progressive society. One of the most pernicious aspects of systemic racism is the tacit understanding that whiteness is normative, and therefore to be a person of color in this system is to be fundamentally “other.” When left unchallenged, this attitude shifts the burden of change away from those who enjoy power and privilege, on to those who are fundamentally excluded. Dismantling racial prejudice and inequality will require all of us to examine our attitudes, our privileges, and our biases.
SCAN (Senior Citizens Activities Network) is a non-profit keeping seniors active, healthy and connected since 1988. The name reflects the action-oriented profile of members and the vibrancy and social networking strength of the organization. SCAN programs sustain independence, health and happiness among people fifty-five years of age and older in Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
SCAN’s programming falls within four Programs:
- SCAN at the Mall includes the Monmouth Mall location where social education classes and information and referral services are provided
- SCAN in the Community brings our high impact programming directly into underserved communities in Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
- SCAN-TV includes our 2 cable TV shows which are filmed on site in our TV Studio and can also be seen on our YouTube channel. The TV Studio is available for rental. Call SCAN for more information.
- Benefit Enrollment Center (BEC) connects Medicare beneficiaries and disabled adults of limited income to the benefits they may be entitled to receive. These benefits can represent a savings of hundreds of dollars each month.
2022 Board of Directors
- Rev. Ronald L. Sparks, Pastor, Bethel AME Church, Freehold,President of the Board
- Tracey Wolfman, RN, BSN, MA, Owner, We Care Adult Care, Inc., Vice President of the Board
- Dana Montanelli, CPA, PKF O’Connor Davies, Treasurer of the Board
- Siobhan Connolly, Vice President & Trust Officer, Garden State Trust Company, Secretary of the Board
- Cris Brown, Director of Marketing and Community Outreach, Imperial Healthcare
- Thomas F. Hayes, Director, Customer & Community Relations, New Jersey Natural Gas
- Christopher L. Hellstrom, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, Monmouth University
- Thomas McGrane, CFA Vice President & Investment Advisor, PNC Wealth Management
- Andrea McPherson, PMP, Vice President, Portfolio Director, Financial Crimes & Financial Management Group, TD Bank
- Cindy Reich, MSW, LSW, Senior Business Development Manager, VNAHG
- Vishal (Vic) Sood, Registered Pharmacist, Home Drug Store
- Jim Winn, Owner, Comfort Keepers
- Adam Rubin, Elderlaw Attorney, Levine, Furman & Rubin, LLC
- Mike Ciavolino, Executive Director email@example.com
- Andrea Tarr, Communications Director Atarr@scannj.org
- Marybeth Kwapniewski, Program Director Marybethk@scannj.org
- Yvonne Emley, Office Manager Yemley@scannj.org
- Nicole Ocampo, Social Media & Content Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Iverson, Production Coordinator email@example.com
- Wendy Rosswaag, Data Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Kuron, Benefits Enrollment Center Coordinator Helenk@scannj.org
- Melia Owens, Benefit Enrollment Specialist, email@example.com